1/30/2011

Calypso

Vogue Italia February 2011

Photographed by Miles Aldridge; Styled by Alice Gentilucci; Model: Charlotte di Calypso

(image via www.fashiongonerogue.com)


Sometimes I put a make up on my face even if I know I'm not going anywhere. Sometimes I'm telling myself that I am planning to go somewhere but I secretly know that finally I won't. I sit in front of a mirror and make up very slowly. I carefully choose colours, shapes, and tones. I curl my eyelashes imagining that tonight someone will look into my eyes and be strangely surprised. Then I open my white jewellery box and take one by one each treasure to my hand. I imagine to how wonderful parties and shows I will go wearing them. How many hands will want to shake with mine. How many words will be exchanged. How many happiness they will give me back that night after many years spend in a closure.

And when I realize I'm sitting in a dark room. I put a dressing-gown on my naked arms and go to bathroom. I look at my perfect hair, perfect make up and shining jewellery.

And there is a moment when I face the truth that I have to wash it all off and go to sleep and the only thing which awaits me is a lonely night.

But I know. I know I will be loved some day again.



~Pola Chérie When you left me~


Pola Chérie Thoughts 2011 @ All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment