3/01/2011

Japanese PR girl - Ito Mie

(people.zozo.jp)

Yesterday's NHK "Professionals" was about a japanese PR girl Ito Mie. As we know PR is a work at "backstage" of a fashion world. However nowadays it is changing thanks to the books about a girls working at PR, twitter, hollywood hit movies and reality shows like "The City" where the US PR girl Kelly Cutrone has got known widely by the world. I truly admire Kelly Cutrone's strength of a character. Her phrase: "If you have to cry go outside" reminds me, every time I feel weak and overwhelmed by my every day duties, that I can not give up and that if I only manage to carry on I will be ok.
Ito Mie setted up her career as a designer and then she entered a world of PR. She has worked for such clients as JOSEPH, MARNI, BALLY, VIVIENNE WESTWOOD, MARC JACOBS, PAUL&JOE and FOREVER 21. In 2003 she opened a PR school EFAP JAPON in Ebisu in Tokyo. EFAP is also awaiting its grand openings in Paris and New York now. In 2009 she was honored by a french Minister of Culture by The Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of Arts and Letters) for significant contributions to the arts.
I wish first ever MTV reality show in Japan was about Ito Mie and her every work-days. But japanese models and singers adventures from "Shibuhara girls" also sounds interesting. I wonder how many seasons of it they will make. I'm not into reality shows but my curiosity have been making me watch so many silly things I'm not even going to mention.
You can read more about first ever japanese Mtv's reality show "Shibuhara (Shibuya + Harajuku) girls" here.
Sources: Wikipedia, NHK

1 comment:

  1. You know what, when I'll grow up, I want to be her :)
    ♡ TEEZY ♡

    ReplyDelete